Real quality since 1966 Discover our difference
Los Angeles California of American grown basswood from renewable forests.
All wood is kiln dried to prevent warping or cracking.
All panels are hand sanded for a velvet finish using long lasting finishes that are environmentally safe and non-toxic.
Our shutters are the smart choice for light control, energy efficiency and noise insulation.
9430 De Soto Ave
Chatsworth, CA 91311
Tel: (800) 882-2223
Fax: (818) 772-0490
FREE Quote Request
Learn what our competition doesn’t want you to know!
8 Things You Should Demand When Buying
1. Factory direct contract – “we are the factory”. (No middlemen or dealer/ retail relationships). At Los Angeles Shutter Company we measure, manufacture and provide a clean and professional installation (No sub-contractors or installers paid by the square foot)
2. Buy from a company that you can trust. See how long the company has been in business. Los Angeles Shutter Company has been serving the community since 1966, designing, manufacturing and installing, close tolerance, furniture grade plantation shutters. Check the Better Business Bureau (1-800-834-1119) # 13124359 and the Contractor’s State License Board (1-800-321-2752) # 594550 for complaint history. Ensure that the company you choose has adequate liability, worker’s compensation and auto insurance in place and are licensed and bonded for your protection. Read the reviews of previous customers on Yelp, Angie’s List etc.
3. Use a company that has a showroom where all the available shutter configurations are on display allowing you to “feel and touch” the shutters and select colors, louver size, hardware, framing and stile profiles, divider rails, smooth or sandblast, beveled glass inserts, sliding shutters, specialty shapes and many more options. The Los Angeles Shutter Company showroom is located at 9430 De Soto Avenue, in Chatsworth, between Nordhoff and Plummer on the east side of the street. There is a convenient parking lot in front of the building and we invite you to visit our showroom and tour our factory. We are open 9am to 5pm Monday thru Friday, and Saturdays by appointment only. We have everything on display – you will be impressed. Also everything is proudly made in the USA.
4. At Los Angeles Shutter Company we offer a free in home estimate where the estimate and design of your shutters is completed by employees with hands on, factory manufacturing experience, and where the factory fabrication work order is engineered by same person who saw your windows in your house so they understands your décor requirements. The shutters should be personalized to fit your windows precisely – no pre-made panels or components.
5. Make sure the shutter company offers a strong warranty which should include at minimum a lifetime warranty on installation and a full 10 years on all structural components and workmanship.
Los Angeles Shutter Company Warranty:
The construction and installation of your shutters and louver doors are warranted to you, the original purchaser, and also fully transferable to the next owner of your home when you move, as follows:
A limited lifetime warranty on installation, workmanship and labor (when installed by Los Angeles Shutter Company or Shutters and More, Inc.), and a full ten (10) year warranty from the original purchase date, on all structural components which includes all moving parts, staples and louver tension. All paint finishes carry a ten (10) year warranty, (except for re-finishing which carries no warranty) and two (2) years on all stains. Additionally there is a lifetime warranty against bleeding.
6. Ensure that all shutters are 100% solid Basswood- no engineered materials, veneered, pressed or finger joint materials which could later show through the finish.
7. Use only a company who shows their commitment to quality and superior craftsmanship by using exclusively furniture grade nitro cellulose non-yellowing lacquer paint with U.V. inhibitors. (No Water based paints). Los Angeles Shutter Company also offers free custom stain and paint color matches. (No company selected colors for you to choose from).
8. The shutters company should offer a wide range of hardware selections. We offer many different hinge finishes including powder coated to match paint color, antique brass, bright brass, polished chrome, nickel, oil rubbed bronze and others. We also use exclusively low profile magnets (white and brown) to keep shutter closed – no button receiver catches.
Our designer showroom displays all our products, or for your convenience, a designer will come to your home with samples for a FREE in-home estimate.
Free temporary paper shades installed while you wait for your shutters.